Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Fabulous Flair

I wanted to tell yall about my oven. I bake all my cakes in a 1963 Frigidaire Flair. Not familiar? Please refer to http://www.danlangdon.com/flair.htm for more information. It's beautiful and modern and all chrome and glass and has the ovens on top, with doors that come up like a Delorian. (remember back to the future? That's my oven.) This amazing appliance was a gift to me from my friend Elaine Posenecker, who was my next door neighbor growing up in Georgia. When she went into a nursing home in her (i think) 80's, my mom and I helped clean out her house, and she and her kids offered for us to take whatever we wanted. I got a couch, a beautiful stereo cabinet, lots of baking equipment, and the Flair. I'm happy to report that Elaine is doing well in Texas, close to her son and grandkids, and the Flair has seen more cake in the last 4 years than in its previous 44 years of existence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous oven, and to think it has been working 44 years! My fancy Whirlpool Gold Range didn't even last two years! I enjoyed reading your posts! I, like you, have started blogging in 2008. Good luck and I look forward to reading more!