Monday, April 28, 2008

DIY Fest 2008 at Pack Memorial Library!

I love a library.
I love a librarian.
In fact, I've loved many a library- and librarian- in my life... and count many librarians among my friends and heroes. (basically, Jen Cwiok, I'm talkin' to you.) So when Meg from the Downtown Library asked me to donate a few dozen cupcakes to the DIY fest she was planning at the library in conjunction with the Guerrilla Girls thing at the art museum, I was like, hell yeah!
So I went, and brought the cupcakes (oh, they were vegan chocolate with a vegan vanilla pastry cream filling, by the way- sorry, didn't get any pictures of the cupcakes, too excited about the librarians). And there were cool workshops set up for blogging and knitting and zine making and they showed a film and THEN- I got to screenprint a shirt for the very first time in my life! And i got to keep the shirt! And this really sweet and lovely children's librarian named Lauren Biehl showed me how to do it. And, Ashley Halsey took the photos.
Thanks, Pack Memorial Library!

6 comments:

scrumdidlyump said...

Check it out Jodi!
http://avletsy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

super cool tank top. you'll get lots of wear out of it this summer, eh?

Anonymous said...

I think your pretty fantastic! People dont usually get to hear what a difference they ARE making with their choices and actions. So thank you. And thanks for sharing so much of it with the world too!
Melanie

shannie cakes said...

i just linked to your page from another site. i'm stoked on life from it. i am a recent vegan (vegetarian for 14 years vegan for almost 6 months now) and my goal in life is to open a vegan bakery/cafe.

i'm sure this site will serve as an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

Jodi Jodi Jodi!!! This librarian loves YOU a truck load.

Lauren B said...

Yay! It was a pleasure to have you at our program, Jodi! You are even sweeter than your sweets! ;)Thanks again for donating the yummy cupcakes--- I've been recommending you left and right as the queen vegan baker in town!