Friday, July 31, 2009

NOLA Part III

When in New Orleans, please go visit the Kitchen Witch in the Quarter:
Its a lovely cozy used and new cookbook (!) shop with an emphasis on creole cookery. The owners are sweet and lovely and helpful!

The Kitchen Witch!
631 Toulouse St
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 528-8382
And then, we were invited to dinner at Allison's house, where she served us crab with gugutz (a giant zucchini) and we ate... the Coconut Caramel Flan that Elyse made.

The flecks of cinnamon are Elyse's twist on her grandmother's recipe...

The caramel was perfectly cooked- slightly dark and very creamy, and the flan itself was the freshest, creamiest, coconut-iest magic I've ever tasted. Allison concurs.

Thank you NOLA! While part of me feels that I could stay here forever, I'm excited to get home to family and work. I'm a lucky lady to have had such a beautiful holiday, and to have such a richness of friends, family, and creative work to get back to...

xo
jodi

No comments: