Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pretty Pictures!

Lucky for us, you can't swing a cat in Asheville without hitting a photographer. Even luckier for us, they really like to photograph cake. Here's some recent work of our work that some artists have shared with me.


Marc Tickle:

Short Street Cakes baked Marc and his wife's wedding cake last year, and they live in the neighborhood and frequent the Cake Shop. When I was looking for contact information online for him, I found his website, and discovered that he makes these beautiful kaleidoscopes from hand-made glass, japanese paper, and mirrors! His work is truly beautiful and magical and I was happy to have stumbled upon it.


Tracie Acreman, Image Asheville:
Tracie is a sweet woman with a lovely accent (a Tasmanian accent, I came to find out) who created this great set of photographs at The Big Crafty, Asheville's bi-annual indie craft fair. Tracie's blog is full of vibrant images of events and people around town, including these pretty shots of Hannah's Sugar Two Shoes lollipops and good ole Short Street Cupcakes.




Asheville Indie Weddings Artist Collective:
The brainchild of Asheville wedding photographer Jennifer Callahan, Asheville Indie Weddings is described as "the first bridal blog to focus on unique local artists in our community, showcasing businesses brides might not come across otherwise." Jennifer recently conducted an interview with me and took some shots of Aunt Tissy's Italian Cream Cake:



Cade Bowman Photography:
Cade recently sent me this link to the wedding of Brandon and Jen that took place this past spring. His work is truly beautiful, and he got some great shots of the cake buffet a la Short Street:





And finally, thanks to Brandy Bourne, Co-Creator of the Big Crafty, for these shots of our fun day slinging (all-natural, scratch-made) cake and candy to the people and pilgrims of Asheville.



As I peruse all these images, I feel so very lucky to be a part of this community, and to be able to have a livelihood that brings me into contact, (and relationship) every single day with creative, powerful, imaginative, soulful, lovely, lovely people. I'm so grateful for all the places this path has taken me. Thanks everybody!

No comments: